The BEST Exercising to do during Pregnancy
- Squats – a compound, functional exercise to help you stay strong throughout pregnancy.
- Pelvic Floor Exercises – an absolute must. The stronger and more toned your pelvic floor is, the less chance there is of problems such as stress incontinence or prolapse. Also recovery after pregnancy will be much quicker.
- Superman – these are great for stability, but also are performed in a comfortable position so you should be able to do them no matter how you feel, or what stage of pregnancy you are in.
- Walking – although very simple, walking is a functional exercise, a good Cardio workout, and gives you a healthy dose of fresh air. It also helps increase bone density, which can prevent osteoporosis later in life.
- Single arm cable pull – working the back muscles is important during pregnancy. As the breasts get heavier the shoulders are pulled forwards and the chest gets tight. These help to open up the chest and strengthen the back.