Preventing Stretch Marks during Pregnancy
Although it isn’t possible to prevent stretch marks all together, these are my top tips to minimise their occurrence.
- Ensure weight gain during pregnancy isn’t excessive – you can expect to put on 1-2 kg during the first 3 months, and ½ kg a week for the remainder of pregnancy. Gain weight gradually.
- Keep well hydrated – this will keep the skin supple and more able to stretch
- Use oils and creams – while these won’t get rid of stretch marks, supple skin is more likely to stretch without leaving marks. Try using Bio Oil and Palmers Cocobutter products.
- Eat healthy and do not convince yourself to “Eat for 2”.
- Stay hydrated.
- Exercise during Pregnancy to minimise this effect.